Week 11: Final Improvements

Published: 08/29/2022

This week the short-term and long-term goals are coming together for the finished product. My Sphinx-Gallery PR to show which API entries are used in examples throughout the entire project was merged and added to MNE (https://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python/pull/10999). This was inspired by my initial confusion at where all the beamformer example code was documented and wanting a better understanding of which API entries were missing examples. The object-oriented widget abstraction (https://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python/pull/10913) was also merged which is similarly a high-level goal to streamline GUIs in MNE in general that tying into my project because I'm designing a GUI. For the shorter-term goals, my PR on doing time-frequency source estimation was mergedĀ (https://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python/pull/11095) enabling my last main project PR (https://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python/pull/10920) to be merged once I finish adding all the features I have time for since I finished the tests this week. I plan to prioritize adding features to the GUI to make it easier to see and more powerful to understand the data rather than working in the object-oriented widget abstraction (from above) since I think that will have more of an impact on the project but it would be nice to bring things full circle and implement the abstraction as well.