What did I do this week?
I carried out following tasks this week:
- Fix warning caused by Debug Toolbar
- There was an error being thrown by the debug toolbar on the mentor's side.
- I hadn't set up debug toolbar so I went ahead and set it up on my system.
- I used similar settings as the mentor but couldn't get the warning on my side
- So I updated the code as per the Django Debug Toolbar documentation
- That might fix the warning from occuring
- Fix student template issue
- Error was being thrown by the system saying that student_template variable was accessed before it's declaration.
- I went ahead and searched for the issues underlying it.
- Found out that we had set first_post_reminder_days value to negative
- Which was causing the condition set up on the script to not procceed
- I updated the days value and it was ready to go
What I am planning for next week?
Next week I will be working on implementing midterm and final evaluation reminder system.
Did I get stuck anywhere?
Whenever I encountered any issues, I contacted botanic. He provided me with a pretty good explanation of the problems.