Over the last few weeks I have gotten acquainted with the MNE-Python subgroup by joining their Discord, following the contribution guide to make my first pull request, and starting an API proposal on what methods I will implement over the next several weeks. This week I plan to begin packaging a toolbox used for measuring functional connectivity in a format compatible using a coding style aligned with other MNE-Python functionality. In working on my first pull request, I chose to add a feature to the mne-qt-browser, used to display neuroimaging data over time. I got stuck in figuring out what part of the code needed to be modified to add this new feature. So I chose to edit the same function using a matplotlib backend which was more familiar and easier to navigate.