1. What did you do this week?
Last week, I took a little break from GSoC and spend a couple of days away on vacation. Therefore, I wasn't able to get much of the actual coding work done during the week. However, as in other projects there is a wide variety of tasks not directly related to coding, which I was able to focus during the week. These included for instance:
1. Reviewing the documentation and code of other, similar projects, with the purpose of gaining helpful insights for our own data analysis pipelines.
2. Reading literature of particular relevance for the project (e.g., implementation of correction methods for multiple testing in the field of neuroscience).
3. and last but not least, testing different approaches for implementing these methods.
In addition, I was able to set up a short tutorial for implementing the spatiotemporal clustering using threshold free cluster enhancement (TFCE) and bootstrap in MNE-LIMO. See this PR for instance.
2. What is coming up next?
Next week I will continue working on the spatiotemporal clustering technique for dealing with the multiple testing issue.
3. Did you get stuck anywhere?
I didn’t feel stuck with anything in particular. However, it was somewhat complicated to understand the implementation of spatiotemporal clustering techniques for time-series neural data. However, after doing some further reading and playing around with the LIMO-dataset I think I was able to set up a good basis for the final weeks.