Hello again, here's a quick update on my second week with LPython!
What I did this week
It turned out that there were conflicts between my last week's work and the project's upstream, so the first thing I did this week was resolving that conflict. I also found another issue with existing integration tests, so some changes had to be made to make it possible for my work from last week to be submitted.
I also spent time to understand the differences between two AST visitors that build the ASR: a visitor that builds the symbol table and a visitor that transforms the statements.
What is coming up next week
I want to start implementing support to allow the following function declaration with type parameters:
def fun(x: T, y: T) -> T: return x+y
Did I get stuck anywhere
I didn't exactly understand the cause of the conflict at the beginning, but consulting with my mentor solved that issue.