What I did this week
Following on the suggestion from my mentor, I reimplemented the generic function instantiation to use the already existing visitors within LPython compiler. My mentor also helped with some issues with the ASR verification which we solved by adding verification support for the constructs I added into the ASR.
This week I also worked on including another important missing piece of the instantiated generic functions, the function body.
What is coming up next week
1. Finishing up the function body of instantiated generic functions.
2. Work on LLVM compilation support for the generic functions.
Did I get stuck anywhere
I was not aware of the verification step for the ASR during the compilation and my mentor explained and helped with the implementation.