1. What did you do this week?
- Most of the work this week was to familiarize myself with Roundup and the specific bugs.python.org instance. The working environment was setup, and I started working on small bug fixes, specifically updating the links from docs.python.org/devguide to devguide.python.org in the link generator. Work started also on fixing all the links to be https instead of http. During this fixes the main work was modifying the regex matching the links.
2. What is coming up next?
- In the next week I’ll continue working on the https bug fix. I will start to implement a [-] button for the nosy list in the issue page of bugs.python.org to remove the currently logged in user from the nosy list.
3. Did you get stuck anywhere?
- Unfortunately my knowledge of regex is minimal, and I had to learn it to actually do the bug fixes, obviously my mentor helped me in this process.
- The instructions to setup the working environment were old and pointed to old directories, it did not really impact the work, as the files I was working on weren’t changed in the current directories, but if you want to work on Roundup now the instructions are up to date.