1. What did you do this week?
- This week I worked mainly on adding the login using GitHub option to the Python Bug Tracker. This was already attempted in the past with partial success. On the previous attempt they tried to authenticate using OpenID, but for this time I completely changed approach and used Oauth2 (which is the method suggested by GitHub). For the moment the implementation is only partly working, the GitHub authentication works, but there are some Roundup related problems. Also the random issue generator was moved from the web interface to a server side script, as it's safe to assume that it will never be used during normal operations. BTW my yet-to-be-created Blog Post will cover how to do Oauth2 authentication with GitHub, so if you need to do something similar it might help you, as I didn't find any good tutorials on this.
2. What is coming up next?
- In the next week the GitHub login functionality will be finished, and any issues that at the moment are still to be solved (for example someone that already has an account also wants to login with GitHub) will be solved.
3. Did you get stuck anywhere?
- I did have issues with Roundup, especially in the way that it handles links, because while the documentation is great, on certain parts it's a bit lacking. I was able to understand properly Roundup's link handling by digging deep enough in the code, but it certainly wasn't fun.