Third week of GSoC: Conference discussions and short GSoC pause due to summer school
1. What did you do this week?
The beginning of this week (including Saturday and Sunday of the previous week) I was in Rome at the 2019 annual meeting of the Organization for Human Brain Mapping.
Regarding BIDS, we discussed points like:
- The current governance model
- Community involvement
- How to progress with important topics like derivative data ... both for MEEG and MRI modalities
For the mne-study-template, we discussed that this should become the main focus of my GSoC: Making the pipeline more robust and easy to use with all that we can draw on from BIDS.
2. What is coming up next?
- BIDS conversion of the LIMO data in coorporation with Jose Alanis (@josealanis)
- tackling an issue in mne-bids: https://github.com/mne-tools/mne-bids/issues/182
- think about on where mne-bids can be imported in the mne-study-template to simplify the workflow and to make it more robust at the same time
3. Did you get stuck anywhere?
The third week of my GSoC went as planned, however I want to notice that most of the days I had to organize/lead a summer school at my institute. This has been part of my original project plan from the beginning (see week 3 in the schedule), so it did not come as a surprise to anyone. Still, I will be very happy to go back to coding once the summer school event is concluded!