Third week of coding
Welcome to the fourth weekly check-in. I'll be sharing my progress for the third week of coding.
What did you do this week?
I made a document with code snippets and visuals to show how one can use some vtk classes in python for molecular visualization. Classes of interest -
- vtkMolecule (store atomic information about the molecule)
- vtkSimpleBondPerceiver (calculate bonding info for a vtkMolecule)
- vtkMoleculeMapper (mapper to draw vtkMolecule object)
- vtkPeriodicTable (stores chemical data sourced from the Blue Obelisk Data).
What is coming up next week?
Three goals for next week -
- Implement vtkProteinRibbonFilter usage without using vtkPDBReader.
- Make a class for vtkMolecule which can store molecular data and pass it on to different function for rendering purposes.
- Read papers on surface model.
Did you get stuck anywhere?
Implementing vtkProteinRibbonFilter usage via vtkPolyData without using vtkPDBReader has confounded me for some time now.