Eighth week of coding
Welcome to the ninth weekly check-in. I'll be sharing my progress for the eighth week of coding.
What did you do this week?
- Updated PR #452: Had an extra meeting with the mentors in which we fine-tuned the
molecularmodule and optimized it to make it more pythonic.
- I was able to generate vertices and triangles for Solvent Excluded Surfaces (a type of molecular surface representation popularly called SES) by using a bioconda package called msms.
It's based on this paper by
Michel F. Sanner, Arthur J. Olson & Jean-Claude Spehner. It was then rendered via
Preview (SES surface generated by using msms):
- Added my GSoC blogs to the FURY blogs directory. (PR #475)
What is coming up next week?
- Research about recent papers having good (fast) algorithms to create the molecular surfaces.
- Create tutorials to explain how to use
Did you get stuck anywhere?