This week I continued working on plotting paths. I understood the ‘redraw_path’ function which does the plotting in the MSUI and tried to implement it in the ‘retriever.py’ script. I didn’t get the expected results at first. I had a meeting with my mentors where they helped me understand my mistakes. I made the changes and I was able to get the plotting of the paths correctly.
After that I looked into plotting labels for which I referred to the same function from the PathInteractor class and I got the labels plotted onto the MapCanvas. Understanding ‘matplotlib’ concepts is something that I struggled with last week. My mentor shared a tutorial blog with me which has been helpful.
As I’ve finished refactoring most of the parts of the horizontal view, I’m moving on to implementing the functionalities for vertical sections (side view).