Week #1: Creating a (big) PR
What did you do this week?
This week I submitted an overview of the progress on the mailing list (here
) and created a pull request on SciPy (#14215
). Thankfully, all the tests pass and SciPy builds with UNU.RAN on all the required platforms! I also created some flowcharts
to elucidate the design of the internal API and manifest how callbacks are acquired and released. I also tried to write a higher-level API (tirthasheshpatel/scipy#8
) as suggested by one of my mentors.
What is coming up next?
We have discussed quite a lot of points to keep me busy for a couple of weeks down the line :). Here it is:
- Generate/build UNU.RAN tests and try integrating into SciPy test suite.
- Maybe figure out a way to speed up the performance on NumPy < 1.19.
- Write better/stronger tests.
- Mock up API that uses same object interface i.e. bundle all functions together in a
- Address code reviews on my PR.
- Add relation [of the UNU.RAN API] to the
rv_continuous classes in tutorial. Add in docs that
rvs of UNU.RAN methods and SciPy distributions differ.
Did you get stuck anywhere?
No blockers this week!