This week, I continued to work on my script which automates the testing of nuitka-wheel pytest. Details can be found on my pull request: https://github.com/Nuitka/Nuitka/pull/440
The script automates the manual testing of comparing pytest results of a nuitka compiled wheel using `python setup.py bdist_nuitka` to the pytest results of an uncompiled wheel built using `python setup.py bdist_wheel` for the most popular PyPI packages. Testing is done to ensure that nuitka is building the wheel correctly. If the pytests pass/fail in the same way, that means Nuitka built the wheel properly. Else if the tests differ, then something is wrong. Virtualenv is used to create a clean environment with no outside pollution.
A lot was done this week, including:
- Fixing automation for various pypi packages
- Figuring out failures for many packages
- Created a new issue for package pyyaml - https://github.com/Nuitka/Nuitka/issues/476
- Created a new issue for packages decorator, ipaddress, and pyparsing - https://github.com/Nuitka/Nuitka/issues/479
- Created a new issue for packages pycparser and numpy - https://github.com/Nuitka/Nuitka/issues/477
- Created a py_modules only example of `distutils` (can be seen in my main PR)
- Summary improvement and run-time improvements
- Fixed pylint errors
Very proud of the work I have done this week. The pull request is pretty much ready to be merged at this point. The plan for next week is to find bugs and probably work on documentation for the test suite.