What did you do this week?This week was quite struggling. My mentor Serge implemented supporting for `scipy.special.binom` quickly in Pythran and it shows a great improvement on the public function stats.ks_2samp( 2.62ms vs 88.2ms). However, when I was building scipy with the improved algroithm, we found that it would cause a loop problem. Serge made a PR to break the loop but in my computer it is still not working.
Then I turned to try other algorithms that I mentioned last week, however I encountered more problems:
- stats._moment: keep_dims is not supported in np.mean()
- stats._calc_binned_statistic: invalid pythran spec but I don't find anything wrong
- stats.rankdata: invalid pythran spec
- stats._sum_abs_axis0: compliation error
- sparse.linalg.expm(_fragment_2_1): much slower than the pure python one, will keep investigating it.
What is coming up next?
- submit issue for
- submit issue for error in
- continue improving
- Find out why
sparse.linalg.expmpythran version is slower.
Did you get stuck anywhere?Got stuck in many problems, as is written in
What did you do this weeksection.