What did I do this week?
Last week, me and my mentor started testing mscolab. At first, I exposed my port through ngrok. But the network I/O were extremely slow. I couldn't demonstrate all of mscolab's features. Then we setup an AWS instance with mscolab server deployed. We could test and improve on many of its features. Some things I worked on this week:
- Adding support to use Postgres
- Refactoring tests, so that the library code is independent of test configurations.
- Adding newly created projects to project-list, in real time
- Add newly permitted collaborators to users-list in project window, in real time.
- Fix autosave inconsistency when projects are switched
What's coming up next?
There are very few development tasks remaining. Since this is the last week of GSoC, I'd be working on documenting the code I've written, externally. That would take most of my time this week.
Did I get stuck anywhere?
Yes, I got stuck in a bad place for some-time this week. While setting up Postgres, I had to manually autoincrement sequence to assign 'id' to tables, if I explicitly insert rows. I have documented the issue and solution in this blogpost if you're interested in learning more about it.