What did you do this week?
- I worked on implementation of archive support in the Model base class using Operations I implemented earlier and created a PR.
- Then I requested feedback from my mentors on the changes I made in the Model base class to make sure that I was working in the right direction.
- As per the feedback from my mentor I rolled back the changes related to archive support.[1,2]
- Fixed some typos here and there as well.
- After the receiving the feedback, this week I worked hard on renaming the
locationand made changes to 144 files in the codebase to make sure that all the tests pass locally as well as in CI.
- However, still one test is failing and perhaps it is not an issue.
- I have requested for another review of my PR related to renaming directory property to location after making all the requested changes to code, docs and tests for all models.
Other than that my other two open PRs:
- util:log: Added log_time decorator #1101
ci : lint : commits : Adding ci job to validate commit message format #1076
are also ready to merge with all the CI tests passing 🎉.
What is coming up next?
- After receiving feedback on my current changes I will work on any other changes that my mentor(s) might request.
- Other than that I will also discuss the archive support implementation details with my mentor in the upcoming weekly sync and work on a new PR for the same.
- I will also work on the Commit Linting Issue's PR to cover more enhancement points depending on the bandwidth I have this week.
Did you get stuck anywhere?
- Yes and no as well, I took a considerable amount of time in reading the code base in couple of past weeks, to get a good idea of where the renaming is to be done, it is not like find and replace, there are a lot of places where directory property is not even related to a model and thus it was not as simple as it might seem.
- Making the changes also broke a lot of stuff, almost all model tests and other various seemingly unrelated tests as well. So I was stuck at certain errors in the CI for sometime but eventually I was able to sort all of them out.
- However, I cannot really say I was stuck all the time in the above listed things, as it was more about understanding and spotting out sources of problems which were causing various tests to fail.