Sixth week of coding
Welcome to the seventh weekly check-in. I'll be sharing my progress for the sixth week of coding.
What did you do this week?
- Updated Molecular module:
- Made it more pythonic.
- Implemented Ribbon representation.
- Added support to pass atomic data in the form of numpy arrays. Earlier, the users were required to append molecular information one atom at a time.
- Created a PR to:
- update the helical motion animation to use a single line actor,
added textblocks to display velocity of the particle. Preview:
- For brownian motion simulation, I removed rotation (azimuth) and box actor, added textblock to display the number of particles and to show the simulation steps. Preview:
- update the helical motion animation to use a single line actor, added textblocks to display velocity of the particle. Preview:
- Updated surface animation (PR #362): used gridUI, added multiple animations). Preview:
- Created a topic on vtk discourse forum to query about gaps in bonds (tried resolving it by manipulating vtkProperties: BackfaceCulling, FrontfaceCulling but was unsuccessful)
- Read about molecular surface (theory).
What is coming up next week?
molecularmodule by adding tests, ribbon actor
- More work on molecular surface representation
- Experiment to check if molecules can be interacted with.
Did you get stuck anywhere?