Sixth week of coding
Welcome to the seventh weekly check-in. I'll be sharing my progress for the sixth week of coding.
What did you do this week?
- Updated Molecular module: made it more pythonic, implemented ribbon actor, added support to pass numpy arrays (earlier, atomic data could only be added by using the add_atom)
- Created a PR to -
- update the helical motion animation to use a single line actor,
added textblocks to display velocity of the particle. Preview -
- For brownian motion animation, I removed rotation(azimuth) and box actor, added textblock to
display the number of particles and to show the simulation steps. Preview -
- update the helical motion animation to use a single line actor, added textblocks to display velocity of the particle. Preview -
- Updated surface animation (used gridUI, added multiple animations). Preview -
- Created a topic on vtk discourse forum to query about gaps in bonds (tried resolving it by manipulating vtkProperties: BackfaceCulling, FrontfaceCulling but was unsuccessful)
- Read about molecular surface (theory behind it)
What is coming up next week?
- Update molecular module by adding tests, ribbon actor.
- Try to implement molecular surface representation
- Interactivity of the molecules
Did you get stuck anywhere?
I didn't get stuck anywhere this week.