Week 1

wzao1515
Published: 05/29/2019

It's a great pleasure to work on this project! I talked to Terri and we fixed down this week's plan.

Earlier in this week, I set up the Windows environment for the binary tool, like installed Mingw for gcc, make, and some python modules. In the following days, I will work on comping up with Windows test cases. In addition, when I was testing the program, I found that previously it is using many subprocess calls like "rm", which is not compatible in Windows. Therefore, it would be ideal to modify those test files. My idea is to make an abstract test class first, and then when user runs the test, it will check the operating system first, and then decide to extend the subclass to test, which is exactly like the factory mode in design pattern.

Besides, we talked about future plans. Both we decide to keep the plan in proposal first, and we could adjust the plan according to needs. And the priority of the task might be changed since some tasks are not important like extracting an rpm file on Windows.

In the nutshell, I'm really excited! Definitely going to do a good job on this!

1000 characters left