The first phase of coding is over, and I am really happy that I passed :)) 4 weeks back, I wasn't sure of my capabilities, but every day now feels good; like I am going to accomplish a lot! Every week has been productive, but this week, I was able to accomplish lots of features, which really made my mentors happy :))
What did you do this week?
Since the UI Design had been done, I spent this week adding functionalities to the buttons, removing bugs. Not sure if it would make sense without the UI, but here is what I did last week :
- Multiple Files can now be added simultaneously
- Multiple Files can be displayed simultaneously
- Extra buttons like Remove and Remove All for clearing the list
- Double clicking on any KML file in the listWidget opens up a custom dialog box UI.
- Bug fixing is done.
- Single button "Add KML File" for adding & loading multiple KML Files simultaneously
- Enhancement --> duplicate files are not loaded again.
- Reduced Size of ListWidget; will get further removed after removing extra part of UI (colours, linewidth layout)
- check uncheck feature to load KML layer
What is coming up next?
I am mostly done with the part, but still 2 3 important features are left and they are tough to implement :
- Add functionality to KML Overlay checkbox ( Disabled at the moment in UI)
- Add functionality for customize UI for individual KML Files
- Add functionality to Merge KML Files button
If I am able to do this, it would be a strong boost to my work, as I would be done with the main aim of my project!
If time permits, I'll start writing tests too.
Did you get stuck anywhere?
I was on such a roll, that I wanted to finish the whole feature last week. But there is a method plot_kml, which has confounded me. Sometimes I think I understand it, but it slips out. Its crucial to the remaining features, so I have to work it out!
See you next week :))