Time for that weekly check-in on the Spidermon project.
1. What did you do this week?
This week me and my mentors decided I had 2 things to be ready for the start of coding period: TDD learning, and to learn how to code on Spidermon; and that's what I did. I took the free course called Obey the Testing Goat, and commit code for an issue on Spidermon's GH page. It's still on WIP because we have to decide details on implementation, but you can see the PR here.
2. What is coming up next?
Next week I will build up the foundation for the Spidermon's CLI. That means I have 4 tasks:
1. Include Click as a dependency and make sure it is installed together with Spidermon.
2, Add test capabilites on the CLI code (using a plugin for pytest library)
3. Update the Spidermon setup to add spidermon to the user's binary path
4. Write and test the first spidermon command, spidermon version, following the Scrapy library convention
3. Did you get stuck anywhere?
I got stuck with the PR. I had to break a single test for a percentage that globalized all fields in sub-tests for each field, and the code didn't support multiple assertions (so it just raised the first and forgot the rest). I overcome this capturing the AssertionError exception and printing it with the traceback. I'm still waiting for my mentors feedback.
That's it for the week! See you next time.