What did you do this week?
Ongoing Pull requests:
- Do_loop increment variable generalized #771
- Mean, Geometric Mean & Harmonic mean Functions implemented in Statistics.py module #769 : Initiated the Statistics.py module and implemented mean (overloaded for different datatypes), geometric_mean & hyperbolic_mean along with integration tests for each.
- Decimal Module : Errors resolved and ready for merging.
- Supplementing pow tests #747
- Capitalize, upper and lower python builtin functions : Errors resolved, On hold as classes and class methods are not implemented yet.
While implementing Capitalize, I was looping over the character array with i64 as increment variable. As it turned out, for loop had been implemented to only work with i32. So I raised this an issue, and with tried to fix it by accepting the use case datatype and iterating using that. Other than that, its was becoming complicated to implement methods without class support so I've moved to functions and have begun the statistics module.
What is coming up next?
As the Mid Eval is close, I'll try to get all the open PRs merged while proceeding on expanding the statistics module.
Did you get stuck anywhere?
I raised an issue wherever I got stuck and the mentors suggested workarounds. it gets very tricky to pass tests and checks with methods implementations. So I'll for the meantime I'll focus more on functions based modules as per my GSoC proposal.