What did you do this week?
- This week I worked upon suggestions [1,2,3] from my mentor related to archive support PR.
- I also came up with this flow to make sure that I and my mentor(s) are on the same page.
- There was some confusion around how configs could be restored which I resolved with my mentor in this week's meet.
- Other than that I removed the dataflow creation code for saving and loading from archives from the Model base class.
- And added a much less verbose helper function to create those dataflows in
- Also added config loading code which I am planning to update in the coming week, alongside adding standard definitions for loading/saving flows for models.
What is coming up next?
- I would be working on the flow linked above and would be streamlining various other parts of code to work properly with archive code.
- I would be perusing through the code for various models to understand and plan where & what all changes would be needed to properly support archive storage.
- Other than that I'd be fixing any bugs that might have been introduced in my recent commits.
Did you get stuck anywhere?
- I got stuck when I was trying to condense the code for archive dataflow creation, but with some time, thought and basic math, I was able to significantly reduce the code's verbosity while improving its readability.