What did you do this week?
This week I fixed all the issues with skeletal animations, and we got to see our first render of skeletal animation :).
- Implemented a hierarchical timeline system (i.e., one timeline for each bone, and the timeline will contain its parent timeline in a hierarchy).
- I figured out that we don't need to apply the parent transform as we're applying it to the vertex data while forming the actor. So the skin matrix becomes
SkinMatrix = InverseBindPose * BoneDeform where
BoneDeform = CurrentBoneTransform * ParentBonetransform.
Here's a preview using the
What is coming up next week?
- Add tests for simple animation PR #643.
- Multiple actor support for skeletal animation.
- Take a look at Morphing.
Did you get stuck anywhere?
- No, I didn't get stuck this week.