What did you do this week?
This week I worked primarily on the glTF fetcher and exporting scenes to a glTF file. I added tests and docstrings for all functions. I modified the
fetch_gltf function to return the downloaded files. As we planned, the PR for the glTF fetcher was merged this week.
I fixed the color issue of the glTF exporter by manually appending the color data from the actor to the
polydata. But there's another issue raised while using actors from
utils.get_polydata_triangles(polydata) method only works with primitives and it raises an error when used with
Textures and Cameras can now be added to the glTF file. However, it supports baseTexture only. I'll be working on materials support later on.
What is coming up next week?
- Saving all models download link (from the Khronos glTF-Samples-Models repository) to a JSON file, create a separate branch and add the download script.
- Add tests and docstring for PR #600.
- Create a PR for glTF exporter.
Did you get stuck anywhere?
- I managed to fix colors in polydata by adding them manually, but it raised another issue with indices (triangles) of the actor weren't of the correct shape. We decided to take a look at it later.
- Due to Github's API limit, it raised an error due to limits exceeding. We decided to save a JSON file with all model names and their download links. Then use that to download the model.